Work with VDC’s client engagement team to support the development, creation and maintenance of VDC client collateral.
Position based in Upper Saddle River, NJ.
Venture Development Center (VDC) is an advisory services firm focused in the areas of data monetization and creative data sourcing. With over 180 unique data assets under contract, VDC assists its clients by defining, identifying, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to continually identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then using this expanding base of information to develop applications, information use cases and sourcing strategies. Companies considering data monetization or seeking support for the development of sound sourcing strategies can depend on VDC to assist in navigating the rapidly changing world of Big Data.
Role & Responsibility
- Support the evaluation of new data sources for incorporation into the VDC Big Data ecosystem
- Understand data collection methodologies of data
- Determine if new source’s data coverage and unique counts are unique to or overlap with data existing within VDC’s Big Data ecosystem
- Ability to read data population and frequency reports
- Assist in understanding data sources and their applicability to a variety of data monetization use cases (outline how users will interact and garner value)
- Prepare data communications to VDC staff as well as client-ready collateral for discussion/presentation purposes
Client Onboarding & Engagement
- Manage VDC client profile process
- Support multi-process client engagements where VDC branded deliverable are required
- Maintain and update, where required VDC templates used in conjunction with client engagements
- Contribute in the development of VDC client documentation to illustrate data set’s depth, coverage and overall use cases
- Work closely with sales, providing subject matter expertise assistance on in-depth client questions/requests
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables to educate prospect
- Attend/participate in presentations to prospects as a way to gather data requirements
- Coordinate tasks associated with special client projects.
- Assist VDC and/or CMD group with special requests and initiatives.
- Nurturing and maintaining positive client and partner relationships.
Performance & Success Measures
- Opportunities and projects are kept moving forward on a timely basis.
- Follow-ups take place within VDC established guidelines.
- Call recaps distributed within VDC committed service standards.
- Positive feedback from clients and internal teammates
- Minimum 2-year college degree.
- Prior experience in sales support/administration roles preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team, collaboratively.
- Quick learner – willing to learn and be trained in all aspects of the role.
- Adept computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Outgoing and personable
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive nature
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Trustworthy and reliable