This sales support position is within the Client Management & Delivery team responsible for ensuring opportunities presented/recommended to our clients move forward in an expedient fashion, ultimately contributing to sales and client retention. This role requires a sense of urgency and ownership to ensure efficient follow-through on and resolution of action steps. As a visible client-facing associate, exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required to successfully manage assigned client relationships in order to help maintain and grow each account. This role requires self-motivation and a strong ability to learn in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills, willingness to work with others and outside of the box thinking will be key components to a candidate’s success.
Position reports to Director, Client Management & Delivery (CMD).
Position based in Upper Saddle River, NJ.
Role & Responsibility
- Act as the day to day contact for all client assigned accounts. Correspondence will take place via phone and email and include tasks such as follow ups on opportunities and scheduling/participating in calls.
- Create detailed client call recaps which are accurate and thorough, ensuring distribution to key parties meet VDC committed service standards
- Nurturing and maintaining positive client and partner relationships
- Work closely and collaboratively with assigned sales account executive to ensure up to date client knowledge (e.g. products/services, industry focus, privacy, data verticals etc.) and needs
- Use, track and record progress of opportunities via VDC sales CRM system through its life cycle from New Opportunity to Close
- Assist with special requests and initiatives
- Coordinate tasks associated with special client projects
Performance and Success Measures
- Opportunities and projects are kept moving forward on a timely basis
- Follow-ups take place within VDC established guidelines
- Call recaps distributed within VDC committed service standards.
- Positive client feedback
- Prior experience in an advertising agency, marketing services provider, media company or other marketing related business is preferred but not required
- Previous sales support/administration roles preferred but not required
- Some college experience but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Detail oriented
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Quick learner – willing to learn and be trained in all aspects of the role
- Adept computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Outgoing and personable
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive nature
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
About Venture Development Center LLC:
Venture Development CenterLLC (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The company was established in 1996 but formally put into place the Venture Develop Center LLC as of 2015. The company has doubled in size in the last 2 years and has been growing 30% year-over-year. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices for our clients. VDC client engagements include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data. VDC has worked with over 100 clients to create and bring to market these new revenue streams.