The successful candidate will be responsible for lead qualification and opportunity generation. This will begin with the development of prospect dossiers for specific target companies. Using that dossier information, the candidate will serve as the initial contact of VDC, engaging with senior executives about the VDC thesis on alternative data and how VDC can help that prospect organization with custom data augmentation and internal or external data monetization.
The BDA will leverage VDC’s existing customers who serve as leaders in their respective markets to generate interest in VDC’s strategic consulting around alternative or Big Data.
Key responsibilities: Dossier development, lead generation, lead qualification, CRM / Financial system update with opportunity handoff to select sales team members. Email/call campaign management and deployment utilizing proprietary internal systems. Work closely with sales team to define target customers and strategy to drive penetration into these prospects.
This role requires self-motivation and a strong ability to learn in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills, willingness to work with others and outside of the box thinking will be key components to a candidate’s success.
Position based in Upper Saddle River, NJ.
Role & Responsibility
- Supporting the company’s sales team – orchestrating prospect development and distribution of prospect insight to the company’s proprietary CRM / Financial system
- Use LinkedIn and Conference Lists to identify new opportunities – processed by importance
- Assisting with the management of the sales team activities
- Reporting: weekly/monthly/quarterly report out of forecasts, results, and a concise view of the opportunities inclusive of the help or support required
- Work closely and collaboratively with assigned sales account executive to ensure up to date client knowledge (e.g. products/services, industry focus, privacy, data verticals etc.) and needs
- Learn the VDC pitch as used by the VDC sales team
- Participate as an active listener on introductory calls to understand how Account Executives open up these calls and
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables to educate prospects
- Attend/participate in presentations to prospects as a way to gather data requirements
- Assist and coordinate tasks associated with special sales initiatives/projects
- High school Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Proficiency with MS Outlook and MS Word
- Strong presentation skills using MS PowerPoint and web conferencing
- Strong time management skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in learning about new communications technologies
- Team spirit and positive, flexible attitude
- The passion and drive to deliver an exceptional level of achievement
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Result oriented with strong organizational skills and proactive, innovative approach
- Prior experience in sales support/administration roles preferred but not required
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Outgoing and personable
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive nature
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Trustworthy and reliable
Challenging but also friendly working environment.
About Venture Development Center LLC:
Venture Development CenterLLC (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The company was established in 1996 but formally put into place the Venture Develop Center LLC as of 2015. The company has doubled in size in the last 2 years and has been growing 30% year-over-year. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices for our clients. VDC client engagements include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data. VDC has worked with over 100 clients to create and bring to market these new revenue streams.