Data news sparking conversation this week: IBM is investing $200MM in a Watson Internet of Things * Stirista launches Scout, real-time plug in for B2B sales & marketing professionals * LiveRamp launches IdentityLink in effort to evolve from Onboarder to Omnichannel identity matchmaker * and more.
- IBM to pour $200 million into Watson Internet of Things A.I. business in Munich
VentureBeat – October 3, 2016 by Dean Takahashi
- Verizon says Yahoo hack ‘material,’ could affect deal
Reuters – October 13, 2016
- A Linguist Who Cracks the Code in Names to Predict Ethnicity
The New York Times – October 16, 2016 by Perry Garfinkel
- Stirista Debuts Scout™ – A Real-Time Data Plug-In That Enables Current,
Verified Contact Information on B2B Social Media Profiles
Business Wire – October 3, 2016
- LiveRamp Looks To Evolve From Onboarder To Omnichannel Identity Matchmaker
Ad Exchanger – October 12, 2016 by Allison Schiff
- Aberdeen Group Announces Major Enhancements to the Ci Technology Data Set
Marketwired – October 20, 2016
- Engagement Labs Signs Multi-Year TotalSocial(TM) Contract with a Top U.S. Wireless Carrier
Yahoo Finance – October 20, 2016
- Attacks on the internet keep getting bigger and nastier
Associated Press – October 22, 2016
- America’s biggest banks have announced their Venmo competitor, Zelle
re/code – October 24, 2016 by Jason Del Rey
- P2P loan giant Lending Club expands into car refinancing
VentureBeat – October 25, 2016 by Paul Sawers
Are you looking to purchase data or possibly figure out how to monetize the data you currently own? Contact us today and let’s discuss your options!
Venture Development Center (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices. The practice areas that characterize VDC projects include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data.