In the news this week: After BlueKai, Oracle looks to add Datalogix to its Data Cloud; Predictions/learnings Big data can do: when a person may quit a job, ideal rental property, and what confidential documents need more security; Among the Internet of Things, regulation is still a question mark; The New York Times discusses the FTC chairwoman’s remarks about “smart home” data security; and much more.
- Oracle To Acquire Data Solutions Giant Datalogix
Ad Exchanger – December 22, 2014 by Kelly Liyakasa
- Dun & Bradstreet Acquires Data Management Firm NetProspex
The Wall Street Journal – January 8, 2015 by Mike Shields
- Big Data Knows When You’re Going to Quit Your Job Before You Do
Bloomberg – December 30, 2014 by Jack Clark
- Big data: Opportunities abound in retail, sport, car and banking industries
V3 – December 30, 2014
- Big Data’s Indelible Effect on the NBA, with David Stern
Big Think – January 5, 2015
- The one problem the Internet of Things hasn’t solved
The Kernel – January 4, 2015 by Aaron Sankin
- Digital Marketing in 2015: Data Quality Will Emerge As A Key Issue for Marketers
January 3, 2015 by Andrew Frank
- CES: F.T.C. Chairwoman Notes Concerns Raised by Connected Devices
The New York Times – January 6, 2015 by David S. Joachim
Are you looking to purchase data or possibly figure out how to monetize the data you currently own? Contact us today and let’s discuss your options!
Venture Development Center (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices. The practice areas that characterize VDC projects include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data.