In the news this week: The Wall Street Journal discusses how researchers are taking Tech companies’ Big Data technologies and techniques into the public sector to improve quality of life for citizens * Epsilon wants clients to know they are an end to end service * Acxiom & Weibo launch a new platform in China that protects first persona data while marketing to advertisers * The TED@BCG event in Berlin, Germany, featured discussions on how businesses can stay ahead in the data age * Venture Beat News discusses the problems with “anonymous” apps and their lack of anonymity * and more.
- Epsilon Rebrands as End-to-End Marketing Solution
Direct Marketing News – October 22, 2014 by Al Urbanski
- The 2014 State of Consumer Privacy & Personalization [Infographic] Business2Community – October 22, 2014 by Rachel Serpa
- They’re Tracking When You Turn Off the Lights
Wall Street Journal – October 20, 2014 by Elizabeth Dwoskin
- Acxiom and Weibo Launch Big Data Marketing Platform “Audience Onboard”
acxiom.com – October 21, 2014
- How business can stay ahead of the curve in the age of data: Report from TED@BCG
TEDBlog – October 24, 2014
- WTF are time-based metrics?
Digiday – October 27, 2014 by Lucia Moses
- Whisper, Secret, and Snapchat leaks show that fake privacy is almost worse than no privacy at all
Venturebeat News– October 29, 2014 by Ruth Reader
- Bring Your Own Persona: Rethinking Segmentation for the New Digital Consumer
Knowledge @ Wharton – October 23, 2014
- TripAdvisor to personalize data for travelers
Boston Globe – October 28, 2014 by Taryn Luna
- IBM And Twitter Just Announced A Huge New Partnership
BusinessInsider.com – October 29,2014 by Julie Bort
Are you looking to purchase data or possibly figure out how to monetize the data you currently own? Contact us today and let’s discuss your options!
Venture Development Center (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices. The practice areas that characterize VDC projects include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data.