You’re faced with a growing challenge: your organization has started to obtain sets of digital data to use within your traditional marketing programs, but your current customer data is housed in legacy systems, with some sets of data silo’ed and unavailable for integration. How do you marry the current data sets with digital data to benefit from the power of both?
Align and integrate the data.
Now more than ever, companies are confronted with the integration of big data streams into their current repositories. No longer are the structured databases of old the best approach to extracting the value that digital data has to offer. New systems are available that can act as listening posts, gathering unstructured data from the Web and identifying insights on a whole host of business topics of importance to your company. These systems, which act as a data hub of sorts, can collect and transform this unstructured data into structured datasets ready for use into existing sales/marketing processes.
Improve decision-making through the use of digital data.
Implementing a digital data hub collection process yields a number of benefits that contribute to a company’s competitive edge in the modern business environment. Such a process will:
- Be responsive to many different types of data, including varying formats and structures
- Allow companies to evaluate data before making large investments in time, personnel, and funding
- Respond swiftly to new inputs and requirements
- Evaluate new data sources
- Facilitate discovery of interplay between different data sources
The structured datasets derived from a digital data hub collection process can be used to vastly improve decision-making in a number of key business areas. Armed with a host of new knowledge, companies can:
- Improve account preference identification
- Transform unstructured data seamlessly into meaningful marketing insights
- Leverage and realize the value of in-house sources with digital data
In the modern business landscape, it’s important for organizations to carve out clear identities and prove to clients and customers their superiority among competitors. Efficiently collecting and managing the immense data at your fingertips gives your organization that competitive edge.