News around the water cooler this week: If data is so dangerous, why are companies keeping it? * Viacom and comScore strike a deal on target audience data * How Google and Vizio’s SmartCast app is changing TV * and more.
- Data is a toxic asset, so why not throw it out?
CNN.com – March 1, 2016 by Bruce Schneier
- The End of Prescriptions as We Know Them in New York
The New York Times – March 14, 2016 by Sharon Otterman
- Why Snapchat Is an Important Media Company
Inc. – March 14, 2016 by Mark Suster
- FCC Proposal Would Let Consumers Weigh In On Internet Privacy
NPR – March 17, 2016 by Brian Naylor
- The Industries That Are Being Disrupted the Most by Digital
Harvard Business Review – March 21, 2016 by Rhys Grossman
- Viacom and comScore in Major Audience Data Deal
MrWeb – March 21, 2016
- Comcast to sell cable, Internet service through Amazon
Denver Post – March 21, 2016 by Shalini Ramachandran
- See That Billboard? It May See You, Too
The New York Times – February 28, 2016 by Sydney Embre
- How Vizio and Google radically reinvented the TV
The Verge – March 22, 2016 by Nilay Patel
Are you looking to purchase data or possibly figure out how to monetize the data you currently own? Contact us today and let’s discuss your options!
Venture Development Center (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices. The practice areas that characterize VDC projects include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data.