Trending news this week: Twitter’s top management announce exit on Twitter *Verizon and Hearst working on deal for Verizon’s go90 app* FTC pushes for more consumer control over third-party data * and much more.
- Twitter’s top management just announced a massive exodus—on Twitter
quartz.com – January 25, 2016 by Heather Timmons
- Verizon and Hearst Discuss Video Joint Venture, ‘Vice for the Red States’
Wall Street Journal – January 22, 2016 by Mike Shields, Keach Hagey and Ryan Knutson
- MediaMath Launches 2nd-Party Data Business
Direct Marketing News – January 13, 2016 by Al Urbanski
- Digital Display Ads to Overtake Search, Bringing a Reckoning for Google
re/code – January 11, 2016 by Mark Bergen
- FTC Commissioner Urges Ad Industry to Let Consumers Opt Out of Tracking
Wall Street Journal – January 21, 2016 by Mike Shields
- Less Than Half of Consumers Are OK With Swapping Data for Deals
Advertising Age – January 15, 2016 by Kate Kaye
- A History Of Data In American Politics (Part 1): William Jennings Bryan to Barack Obama
Five ThirtyEight – January 14, 2016 by Jody Avirgan
- Death To Internet Explorer: Microsoft To Retire All Versions Under IE11 In January
Tech Times – January 27, 2016 by Nicole Arce
Are you looking to purchase data or possibly figure out how to monetize the data you currently own? Contact us today and let’s discuss your options!
Venture Development Center (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices. The practice areas that characterize VDC projects include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data.