In the news this week: IBM, G.E, Verizon and more agree to common standards for Hadoop * Wall Street Traders are utilizing text and data mining as a new avenue * The V12 Group launches a marketing cloud for the midsized company market * and more.
- Is Your Leadership Style Right for the Digital Age?
Knowledge @ Wharton – February 6, 2015 by Barry Libert, Jerry Wind and Megan Beck Fenley
- If You Care About Intent Data, Then You Care About Search
Ad Exchanger – February 12, 2015 by Allison Schiff
- AOL still has 2.2 million dialup subscribers, and they’re paying more
Quartz – February 12, 2015 by Dan Frommer
- Time Inc. Pins Turnaround on Big Data, Specialty Content
Wall Street Journal – February 12, 2015 by Steven Norton
- How Traders Are Using Text and Data Mining to Beat the Market
The Street – February 12, 2015 by Roy Kaufman
- Data Will Save Music
Tech Crunch – February 17, 2015 by Brad Haugen
- IBM, G.E. and Others Create Big Data Alliance
The New York Times – February 17, 2015 by Quentin Hardy
- V12 Group unveils its latest Launchpad, a marketing cloud for the masses
Venturebeat News – February 17, 2015 by Stewart Rogers
Are you looking to purchase data or possibly figure out how to monetize the data you currently own? Contact us today and let’s discuss your options!
Venture Development Center (VDC) is an advisory services firm that assists its clients in identifying, defining, and implementing breakthrough uses of Big Data. The VDC success story is based on the unique ability of the organization to identify new and powerful data assets from the Big Data ecosystem and then develop applications and information use cases that drive solid revenue results and transform existing business practices. The practice areas that characterize VDC projects include creating new products and revenue streams for data owners and bringing forth new information assets and strategies to educate and assist data users to adapt to the rapidly changing world of Big Data.