Here’s what’s trending this week: Could step by step directions soon include how to maneuver through a store? * Wearable tech gear for various industries are on the horizon * Smart Chips are the next step in credit card technology * Facebook has a history of tracking its users * In-store “cookies” could help retailers pitch more products to consumers, and much more.
- Mapping Our Interiors
The New York Times – May 18, 2014 by Quentin Hardy
- ‘Salesforce Wear:’ A Wearable Tech Toolset for the Enterprise
CIO – June 10, 2014 by Al Sacco
- A Top-Secret Facility In Denver Is Producing The Next Big Thing In Credit Cards
BusinessInsider.com – June 15, 2014 by Jason Steele
- It’s Complicated: Facebook’s History of Tracking You
ProPublica – June 17, 2014 by Julia Angwin
- Could retailers have an in-store cookie?
Digiday – June 20, 2014
- FORECAST: US In-Store Mobile Payments To Reach $189 Billion By 2018
BusinessInsider.com – June 23, 2014 by John Heggestuen
- E-COMMERCE AND THE FUTURE OF RETAIL: 2014 [SLIDE DECK] BusinessInsider,com – June 24, 2014 by Cooper Smith
- The End of the Internet?
The Atlantic – June 25, 2014 by Gordon M. Goldstein