Items making the rounds this week: Cisco’s CEO sees hope in their current business plan, but worries about NSA conduct * IBM’s trouble with the cloud era * what is cross-device tracking? * And Western Union uses Big Data to stop wire transfer fraud.
- John Chambers Sees Hope in Cisco’s Long Road Ahead
Re/code – May 15, 2014 by Arik Hesseldahl
- What’s The Story With Big Data?
Direct Marketing News – May 16, 2014 by Ed Falconer
- In Letter to Obama, Cisco CEO Complains About NSA Allegations
Re/code – May 18, 2014 by Arik Hesseldahl
- The Trouble With IBM
Business Week – May 22, 2014 by Nick Summers
- Never Forgetting a Face
The New York Times – May 17, 2014 by Natasha Singe
- WTF is cross-device tracking?
Digiday – May 21, 2014 by John McDermott
- Western Union uses big data to stop wire transfer fraud
Venturebeat News – May 21, 2014 by Dean Takakashi